Monday, March 7, 2011

February Top Five

Alright, I'm sitting in my hostel and have already spent 40baht for using the internet, so this one is going to be short and sweet...

I know i've been on a blogging hiatus, gone AWOL, MIA...but it was one mentally draining February and sad to say, it was pretty quiet on the traveling front. So to get y'all up to speed with my Thailandish Februrary, here are the highlights...

5. The Beach by Alex Garland

Although I didn't have the energy or time to blog it up, I did manage to get lost in adventure and insanity with Richard in Thailand. A great read while traveling in Thailand.

4. Koh Samet

3 of 4 February weekends were spent in Bangkok...The only weekend I didn't pound Leos or Saangom on Khao San was the long weekend in Koh Samet. In short, this little island get-a-way, can be summed up with: drunken beachside shenanigans. 

3. "Welp, see ya later, Prachomklao College of Nursing"

This is a loaded one because finishing out the term also concludes that:

  • all grading for all 155 students is complete. Note to self: after collecting an assignment, GRADE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
  • teaching portfolio is complete. Note to self: when given a semester long task, don't wait until two days before it's due to start.
  • homelessness, as is actually without guaranteed shelter to call a temporary home. I'm an official backpacker now. weird.
2. Cambodia & Vietnam

About 3000 baht later, I gots my visas and am hitting the road with Erin and Brie to countries I've only known through books and maps. We're catching a bus to the  border tomorrow morning at 7:30 to see Angkor Wat, the Killing Fields, and Tuol Sleng. Then it's off to explore Ho Chi Minh City and southern Vietnam from March 13-16.

1. The PHILIPPINES!

This. is. MECCA. The trip of all trips. The freaking Philippines! I finally bit the bullet, and booked my trip to the motherland I've been dreaming about this since I was little and it's finally happening March 19-April 10. That's 22 days of exploring--plans include: the Banaue Rice Terraces, Chocolate Hills, the beaches--Boracay, maybe?, hiking, caving, etc. Holy crap. holy. crap. crap. I'm finally going! It's like Christmas only better.

No comments:

Post a Comment