Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jab! Punch! Kick! Uppercut!

Sometime last week I had, what started out as a pretty normal day--woke up, went to work, went to the market, came home, and walked up the stairs and into my room. Then it turned abnormal. Out of nowhere Sadness comes charging at me from around the corner.  Jab! Punch! Kick! Uppercut! I never liked him. But I can't say this visit was all that random; I've been asking for one of his beatings with my mix of recent nostalgia (going through old pictures) and my decline of homeward calls. Sadness got me good, right in the pit of the stomach, leaving me slightly nauseous. What a dick.  Sitting and sulking is what he would want me to do, so that's exactly what I did not. I went out and played some pick up ball instead. A couple hours on the court did the job--got my mind off home and back on Thailand; but I still felt like I needed a little piece of home.

I got back to my house, chilled out for a bit, and my phone rings. It's mom and she says, "I woke up thinking about you and wanted to call," which was shortly followed by, "Okay, we have to go the phone bill will be high." She must have ESPN or something. I'm not a big believer in ridiculously "strong connections" that gives a person the ability to "sense" the other, so...it was one GARGANCHUAN (like the giant) coincidence. It was the first time I actually MISSED home. I did miss LA when I first got to Phetchaburi but that was because Mr. Culture Shock, too, paid me an unwelcomed visit (Rice & Lice Chronicles), not because of LA per se. Mom & dad sure came through though. There's something about talking to them that makes me feel that much better.



So, thanks, mom & dad. I love you! 
Even from across the Pacific, you guys can make me feel a billion times better.




Oh nostalgia...

526 Famiry with an R
The sisters

Parts of the San Juan & De Jesus clans


526 Famiry & Gettysburg Court roomies
Girlfriends Em, Dano, & Toddy
MJ & Ellie

my friends foreverrrrr: Dre, Ash, & Janette



4 comments:

  1. Cheer up kris, it' not so bad and it's normal to feel that way once in a while...and dealing with it ok, we're only a call away!!! Now remember you're meeting Jeeks and ken in the Philippines!!! Mom and I miss you too...I miss you.... Cheer up, luv dad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send you an email about your other blog, one before this one ....luv you, dad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sad any more, dad. It was only like 5 minute hurdle I had to get over. no bid deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! your awesome! your blogs are amazing! i just did some catching up on your last few. i cant believe its already been 4 months! but I would appreciate if the next 2 months go by just as fast! Miss you dude! Like ive said many times... im soo pumped for you!

    ReplyDelete