Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Call me Irresponsible.


The start of a conversation a few weeks ago...
-Do you miss anything enough to go home?
-No.
-Welcome to The Addicted to Traveling Club.


It’s now Tuesday, May 3, 2011, which means I have just eight days before I leave Malaysia and seventeen days before I leave all of Asia behind (temporarily).

Inserting tantrum…NOW:

http://www.iriscphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/storyboard-tantrum1.jpg

I don’t wanna! I don’t wanna!

I!
DON’T!
WANNA!


Seven months ago, I would have said seven months is enough time to travel. Now, I say seven months is just as much a tease as a shirtless Roger Huerta.  The thought of leaving, of ALL this coming to an end, hurts my little heart, crushing it into an infinite amount of microscopic pieces.

A tad bit over dramatic, I know.

Now, don’t get all bent out of shape (because I do miss you guys, I really do), but I’m going to be selfish and leave you out of the equation. This, my life, right now—new sites, overnight buses, dorm rooms, living out of my backpack, meeting people, leaving people, even just the idea of being abroad and NOT in the US, ALL of it—is what I've always wanted. I love waking up in the morning to new places, to people who are warm and welcoming by nature, and to a way of life centered on simplicity and happiness.


I JUST LOVE WAKING UP IN THE MORNING!
My days are just as bright as the day I got my placement in Thailand (see Five Fingers).


Just for fun…

Maybe I won’t come home, maybe I’m already home. What if I miss my flight? I have gotten job offers at hostels. I could work in a hostel for awhile, at least until I find a better job. I know enough people around Asia to crash on a couch (or tile floor). But! If I work at a hostel, lodging would be free or a very minimal amount. I WAS planning to come back anyway and I would SAVE the extra couple hundred dollars that I don’t have. The temptation to stay, leaving behind the few responsibilities I have back home, is there.



Realistically,
I could stay and see where it takes me.



Call me irresponsible, while I entertain the idea until the 20th.


No comments:

Post a Comment